Domain Registration Agreements
Acceptable Use Policy
Terms and Conditions
|What is a content management system (CMS)?|
- - With the help of lots of readers and
knowledgeable folks, I've developed this quick-and-dirty table that
outlines the basic requirements of each CMS... The table includes
a limited selection of CMS entries from a limited number of vendors
active in the field.
- cms.filsa.net, cms.filsa.net
- - A resource for those of us who use, build, and purchase
content management systems.
Includes two presentations:
(I'm sure these are both good and hope to see them myself
someday! Unfortunately, both presentations are available in you choice
of Microsoft powerpoint or a Microsoft only version of HTML; neither
works on Mozilla or Netscape. - cfm)
- Choosing a Content Management System
- The content management decision is often clouded by marketing mumbo-jumbo
and a narrow focus on CMS vendors. In reality, content management must
be a people-centered process. I talk about the landscape of content management,
and then identify several practical steps to help you make the right choice
for you and your company.
- Focus on XSL
- XSL is a great technology for applying design to content. Here I place it in
the context of other templating approaches (static and
dynamic), talk about the important link between design and
content, and suggest tips for integrating XSL into a production
- The ArsDigita Community System
- Version 4.6 and above in Java and XSLT. This is what we're bolting on to MaineStreet's
existing CMS for the next generation of tools.
- The Panda Book: Philip and Alex's
Guide to Web Publishing
- Explains why someone would want to do all this work.